Aggie Cash Plans
Aggie Cash is a declining balance (debit) account students, staff and faculty use to purchase food at UC Davis Dining Services locations.
Aggie Cash is also one of two components included in the residence hall and Student Housing Apartment (SHA) dining plans. All dining plans come with Aggie Cash.
- Transforms the AggieCard (UC Davis ID card) into a debit card with a finite amount of available funds
- Convenient - one card "does it all"
- Safer than bank cards and credit cards
- Accepted at many on-campus dining locations
- Decreases the need to carry cash
- Purchases are not taxed (for Aggie Cash accounts associated with a residence hall or SHA meal plan only)
- Purchases receive a 10% discount
- Balances roll over quarter-to-quarter and year to year
- Available in three amounts (with a residence hall or SHA dining plan) or in a variety of amounts (without a residence hall or SHA dining plan)
- Additional Aggie Cash may be added to the AggieCard during the year
How It Works
Aggie Cash account holders make purchases at on-campus retail food locations using their AggieCard just as one would using a bank debit card. Balance transactions are deducted from the Aggie Cash account, until the account is exhausted.
For Students with a residence hall or SHA Dining Plan
Students with dining plans automatically receive the Aggie Cash 100 plan.
Aggie Cash 100
Students receive $100/quarter of Aggie Cash as part of their dining plan. In total, students receive $100 in fall quarter, $100 in winter quarter, and $100 in spring quarter for a total of $300 of Aggie Cash for the year.
Students with dining plans may choose to upgrade their Aggie Cash plans to one of the following Aggie Cash plans:
Aggie Cash 200
Residents who upgrade to the Aggie Cash 200 option receive $200/quarter of Aggie Cash as part of their dining plan. In total, students receive $200 in fall quarter, $200 in winter quarter, and $200 in spring quarter for a total of $600 of Aggie Cash for the year. This option costs an additional $100/quarter more than the Aggie Cash 100 plan.
Aggie Cash 250
Residents who upgrade to the Aggie Cash 250 option receive $250/quarter of Aggie Cash as part of their dining plan. In total, students receive $250 in fall quarter, $250 in winter quarter, and $250 in spring quarter for a total of $750 of Aggie Cash for the year. This option costs an additional $150/quarter more than the Aggie Cash 100 plan.
Plans for Students, Staff and Faculty (those without a residence hall or SHA dining commons meal plan)
Aggie Cash is available for purchase by UC Davis students who do not live in Student Housing (and thus don't have a dining plan), as well as faculty and staff. To learn more about these Aggie Cash options, visit the Aggie Cash web site.
Locations Where Aggie Cash Can Be Used
Aggie Cash can be used at UC Davis Dining Services locations, including the dining commons, The Junction, Trudy’s, Crossroads, and Silo Union restaurants. Aggie Cash may also be used at concession locations at Aggie Stadium.
For a complete list of participating vendors, visit the Participating Locations webpage on the Aggie Cash web site.