UC Davis, University of California

Guide to Student Housing Apartments


Student Housing Logo

Facilities & Services

Each property has different amenities within the unit and apartment complex. Contact your property manager and/or review the apartment policies to see what specific amenities and policies are particular to your apartment complex. If space is available, you may request a transfer to another apartment complex.

Student Housing Resources

SHA residents have access to a variety of resources in the Student Housing areas, including use of the Computer Centers and Academic Advising Centers in all three residence hall areas. Students with issues accessing the Academic Advising Centers and Computer Centers should go to the Segundo Services Desk located in the Segundo Services Center. The Segundo Services Desk can assist with access issues and student ID and meal card issues.

Residential Computing & Computer Center Information

For information about services provided, please visit housing.ucdavis.edu/computers.

Academic Advising Center

For a current advising schedule and information regarding services provided, please visit rhat.ucdavis.edu.

Requesting Maintenance

There are two kinds of maintenance requests: requests regarding the apartment and requests relating to the furniture. Apartment maintenance requests should be sent to the apartment office. Furniture maintenance requests should be sent to Student Housing.

Apartment Maintenance Request

Apartment issues such as malfunctioning appliances, broken windows or door locks should be reported to the apartment office during normal office hours or by submitting an online request here:

NOTE: Any emergency issues such as water leaks or toilets that are not working (in one bathroom apartments only) should be reported as an emergency for an immediate response.

After Hours Maintenance

Emergencies should be reported to your apartment complex via their after hour answering service. Call your apartment office number and your emergency will be routed to the on-call maintenance staff. The phone numbers for your apartment complexes are:

  • Adobe Apartments – (530) 297-0342
  • Arlington Farm – (530) 756-3566
  • The Colleges – (530) 754-5797
  • The Lexington – (530) 758-1541
  • Primero Grove – (530) 754-8455
  • West Village – (530) 759-0661

NOTE: Locking yourself out after hours is not considered an emergency. See Building & Apartment Access under Section 4 for options.

Furniture Maintenance Request

Furniture repair requests should be submitted to Student Housing through the Student Housing Service Request online form.

Replacement Light Bulbs

Replacement light bulbs for the desk and living room lamps are provided. Bring your burned out light bulb to your apartment's management office during their hours of operation to receive a replacement bulb.

Toilet Paper & Cleaning Supplies

Toilet paper and cleaning supplies are not provided by Student Housing.

Internet/Cable/Telephone Service

Internet is available to each apartment. Apartments with wireless routers provided should have information on your router regarding who to call if there are service issues. Cable and Telephone service is not provided by Student Housing. You will have to set these up on your own or with your apartment-mates.

Gas & Electric Service

This service is provided by Student Housing. If you receive a bill directly from Pacific Gas & Electric, please contact Student Housing.

Network Use Policy

Residents are responsible for following the campus Computer & Network Use Policy. Computers and networks can provide access to resources on and off campus. Such open access is a privilege and requires that individual users act responsibly. Users must respect the rights of each other, respect the integrity of the systems and related physical resources, and observe all relevant laws, regulations, and contractual obligations. Since electronic information is volatile and easily reproduced, users much exercise care in acknowledging and respecting the work of others through strict adherence to software licensing agreements and copyright laws. Unacceptable network use includes, but is not limited to the following examples: spam mail, hate mail, e-commerce, copyright infringement, operating an unauthorized server, use or display of offensive material, and "hacking" (unauthorized access to another system). E-mail and instant messages containing threats, harassing language, intimidation, or other offensive content are not tolerated and the sender will be subject to disciplinary action.