UC Davis, University of California

Guide to Student Housing Apartments


Student Housing Logo


Coordinator for Apartment Living

A full-time, professional staff member serves as the coordinator for Student Housing Apartments (SHA) living. The coordinator works with SHA community assistants to oversee social activities and academic programs, provide mediation for roommate conflicts, connect students to campus resources and foster supportive community environments.

Community Assistants

Community assistants (CAs) are undergraduate students who live in the apartment complexes. CAs plan and facilitate one-on-one and group activities, community-building programs and events. They connect residents with campus resources and help create a positive and productive living environment. CAs are also available to establish roommate agreements and mediate conflicts that may arise.

Residential Services Staff

Residential Services Staff (530-752-2033) are the people to contact if you are leaving school, participating in the Planned Educational Leave Program [PELP], transferring to another campus, or graduating. They can also answer questions you have about your Housing contract.

Area Service Centers

Student Housing Apartment residents have access to the Academic Advising Centers and Computer Centers in all three Area Service Centers listed below. Students with issues accessing the Academic Advising Centers and Computer Centers should go to the Segundo Services Desk located in the Segundo Services Center. The Segundo Services Desk can assist with access issues and student ID and meal card issues as well as provide desk lamp light bulbs when necessary.

Property Managers

Within each apartment complex, there is at least one property manager that works on-site and holds regular office hours. The property manager can assist you with maintenance requests, parking, and many other amenity questions. Make yourself familiar with your property management staff as they can be a great resource for you.

Maintenance Staff

Maintenance Staff are highly skilled individuals who perform all the basic maintenance within your apartment. Prompt reporting of damages and items that need to be repaired will help keep your apartment in good shape.

Residential Student Accounts Staff

Residential Student Accounts (RSA) staff (530-742-2481) are available if you need information on housing payments.