Moving Into a Student Housing Apartment (SHA)
Instructions for the 2015-2016 Academic Year
Frequently Asked Move-In Questions
Find answers to frequently-asked questions on the Moving In FAQ webpage.
Scheduled Move-In–Fall Quarter
Check-in will be located at each of the following SHA locations.
The links correspond to maps for traveling to each of the Student Housing Apartment complexes. Each map includes directions for driving to Davis and locating parking nearest the check-in locations.
- Students unable to check-in on September 19 (September 20 for Primero Grove) between 9am-4pm can check-in at the Student Housing Office on the following days and times:
- Sunday, September 20, 2015 8am – 5pm
- Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm
- Do not contact the apartment directly: Student Housing is facilitating the move-in process and has possession of the contract materials and keys
- The Student Housing office will be open from 8am-5pm on the check-in day to help take care of any last minute problems you may experience, so please stop by our office if you need assistance with any concerns or issues
- Those who cannot move in by Thursday, September 24 should call the Student Housing office
Winter and Spring Quarter
Students moving into SHA for winter or spring quarter should contact Student Housing directly (530-752-2033 or email@example.com) to obtain specific information for moving in.
Special Accommodations & Religious Holiday Conflicts
Students who need special accommodations and those whose check-in day conflicts with the observance of religious holidays: please do not hesitate to contact the Student Housing office at 530-752-2033.
Note: the UC policy regarding religious holidays that conflict with residence hall move-in days is available on the publications webpage, under "Additional Information".
- Housing Assignments become available through the Student Housing tile on myucdavis in late August
- Housing Assignments information includes:
- Student Housing Apartment assignment (complex name and address)
- Apartment mate(s) contact information
- Current account/cost information
- Meal plan details, if applicable
- Student's contact and emergency information
Student Housing prepared these checklists to help students (and their families) prepare for the move into Student Housing Apartments.
Activities Following Move-In
Fall Welcome & Welcome Week
UC Davis hosts a variety of Fall Welcome and "Welcome Week" events. To learn more, visit the Fall Welcome website and view the calendar events details.