Moving Into A Student Housing Apartment

Update on September 4, 2020: detailed fall quarter 2020 move-in information will be made available in the next few days. Thank you for your patience while we finalize our plans.

Moving into a Student Housing Apartment (SHA) is an exciting time for both students and Student Housing. The process for moving into a SHA differs depending on which quarter students plan to move in; please refer to each section below for general information for each quarter.

All students may begin to prepare to move into a SHA by reviewing the following information:

Fall quarter

Scheduled Move-In
Most students who live in the SHA move in late September in time for fall quarter. Because of the large amount of students moving in, it takes special coordination and preparation on both the students' and university's parts. To facilitate that, Student Housing prepares specific information for each year's fall quarter move-in weekend.

Information for fall quarter move-in is typically posted on this webpage in early September. Information includes move-in dates, contract updates and requirements, fee payment information, computer registration information, move-in campus maps and directions, and a checklist of things to prepare.

Off-Schedule Move-In
Students who intend to move in after the official fall quarter check-in day should still plan on checking in on their scheduled day to pick up their keys and get important information. Those who are unable to check in on the scheduled day should contact Student Housing directly (530-752-2033 or to make alternate arrangements.

Religious Holiday Conflicts
Those whose check-in day conflicts with the observance of religious holidays should contact the Student Housing office at 530-752-2033 to arrange alternative move-in accommodations. Note: the UC policy regarding religious holidays that conflict with residence hall move-in days is available on the publications webpage, under "General Policies".

Students who have additional questions may contact Student Housing (530-752-2033 or

Winter and spring quarter

Students who anticipate moving into SHA for winter or spring quarter should contact Student Housing directly (530-752-2033 or to obtain specific information for moving in.

Summer quarter

Students cannot move into SHA for the summer quarter (note: students already living in SHA do not need to move out during summer quarter until their contracts expire). Students looking for housing during summer quarter should consider applying for housing in the residence halls. Contact Conference Housing (530-752-8000 or for additional information.