Application Process: Solano Park Apartments
To apply for Solano Park Apartments, follow these instructions:
- Download an application (pdf)
- NOTE: Refer to Publications > "Policies & Guidelines..." and select the tab named "Solano Park" for additional application and lease information
- Read the application for complete instructions
- Fill out the application completely
- Submit the application with the non-refundable application fee (see the application for fee amount and submission instructions)
- Applicants will be notified when an apartment becomes available
Please note: submitting a housing application does not guarantee housing will be available.
How the Process Works
- Upon receipt of an application, Student Housing places the applicant on a waiting list
- When an applicant’s application reaches the top of the waiting list based on priority, the date/time it was received, AND an apartment is available, the Solano Park Representative will make an offer of housing
- Offers are sent by email
- Applicants will be given 2 business days to respond to a housing offer:
- If an applicant accepts a housing offer, a lease signing appointment will be scheduled (see application for details)
- If an applicant declines a housing offer:
- When an applicant declines their first offer, their application date/time will remain unchanged and they will be emailed asking for a new desired move-in month
- When an applicant DECLINES THEIR SECOND OFFER, THEIR APPLICATION DATE WILL BE CHANGED TO THE DATE THEY DECLINE THE SECOND OFFER
- When an applicant declines their third offer, the applicant must re-apply
- If the applicant fails to respond to an offer by the deadline, their application will be cancelled
- If an applicant does not receive a lease offer for their desired move in month, they will be emailed asking for a new desired move-in month
Who May Apply and When
Applications are accepted at any time during the year. Incoming and current UC Davis students may apply for an apartment.
Applicants who are not yet enrolled at UC Davis are encouraged to apply for housing before admission is confirmed; applications are not lease agreements and applicants are not required to accept a lease offer. However, applicants must be enrolled as full-time students (12 units or more) at the university in order to take possession of an apartment, and residents must maintain full-time status at the university to continue to reside at Solano Park apartments.
Refer to General Information About The Lease for a lease overview. However, be sure to read the entire lease before agreeing to it.
Eligibility and Waiting List
While Solano Park's first priority is to house students with children, Student Housing supports the university’s commitment to provide campus housing to all eligible students. The estimated waiting periods listed below may vary depending upon number of applicants on each waiting list, time of year and number of vacancies available in each complex.
Waiting List Waiting Period Priority 1: Students with children 0-6 months Priority 2: Married students and domestic partnerships 0-6 months Priority 3: Graduate students without children 3-6 months Priority 4: Undergraduate students without children 3-6 months
The waiting list is prioritized using the above eligibility requirements in conjunction with the date the application was filed and as space allows. Waiting periods can exceed 6 – 9 months depending on availability and the applicant’s location on the waiting list. See the application for complete details.
Refer to the Cancellation Process for information about canceling an application or lease, including how to file an Appeal for Contract Release.