Fall Welcome Week Advising
Check out the Orientation website for information about Fall Welcome Week Advising, including the advising schedule!
Academic Advising Centers
Academic Advising Centers (AAC) provide convenient, personalized academic support from peer advisors and tutors for every residence hall student as part of the Residence Hall Advising Team (RHAT). Peer advisors from all four Colleges – Letters & Science, Agricultural & Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences, and Engineering – and the First-Year Experience program provide academic planning assistance, major exploration, grading options, internship information, and connections with other campus resources. In addition, tutors from the Student Academic Success Center are available most evenings on a drop-in basis for free assistance with common first-year courses like math, chemistry, statistics and writing. And for residents who are simply looking for a space to study, read or work on group projects, the AAC is the ideal place.
- Peer advising is available from all four UC Davis Colleges and the First-Year Experience office
- Help with planning course schedules; discuss topics including major interests and options, and academic progress
- Explore extracurricular opportunities from various campus departments, such as the UC Davis Study Abroad, the Internship and Career Center and the UC Davis Washington Program.
- Advising services are free to residents and offered on a drop-in basis; no appointment is necessary
- Trained tutors are available from the Student Academic Success Center
- Help with first year level math, chemistry and writing coursework (see the RHAT site for specific schedules)
- Tutoring services are free to residents and offered on a drop-in basis; no appointment is necessary
- Student Housing staff host a wide range of academic-related workshops throughout each quarter
- Subject areas covered include exam strategies, effective note-taking, understanding learning styles, time management, creating effective study groups, and how to successfully prepare for finals
- Visit the Residential Academic Workshops webpage to see the current workshops schedule
|Segundo Area:||Segundo Services Building||530-754-0279 (after 10:00am)|
|Tercero Area:||Tercero Main||530-752-5566 (after 10:00am)|
|Cuarto Area:||Thoreau Hall||530-754-0278 (after 10:00am)|
Hours of Operation
|General Hours:||Monday - Friday (All)||8:00am - 11:00pm|
|Saturday-Sunday (All)||12:00pm - 11:00pm|
|Peer Academic Advising Hours:||Monday - Thursday (All)||10:00am - 8:00pm|
|Friday (Segundo and Tercero)||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Friday (Cuarto)||10:00am - 2:00pm|
|Peer Tutoring Hours:||Monday - Thursday (Segundo and Tercero)||5:00pm - 9:00pm|
|Monday - Thursday (Cuarto)||6:00pm - 9:00pm|
Note: Residents may use services in any academic advising center, regardless of the residence hall area they live in.
Students may submit questions to the following email address: Residential Academic Advising.