Moving Out of the Residence Halls
Move-out instructions vary based upon whether a student is moving out at the end of their contract or during the contract. Information for both scenerios are listed below; refer to the appropriate one.
End of Contract (end of spring quarter)
- In early May, this page will automatically update with information specific to the end-of contract move-out process, which takes place at the end of finals in June of each academic year.
- Please check back in early May, or contact Student Housing directly (530-752-2033 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Before End of Contract (during academic year)
- Students must qualify to be released from their contract; review the cancellation process for guidelines
- Students who are transferring or withdrawing from the university or are participating in the Planned Educational Leave Program (PELP) must move out within one week of completing their paperwork with the Registrar's Office; students must complete their paperwork with the Registrar's Office before they can cancel their contract
- Students must meet with the Student Housing Contract Representative to cancel their contract
- Contact the Student Housing Contract Representative with any questions
Room Vacate Instructions
- For information regarding how to properly move out, how to avoid late fees and improper move-out fees, and for a copy of the move-out checklist, please review the room vacate instructions