Solano Park Apartments
Student Housing operates one campus apartment complex, Solano Park Apartments. Solano Park is available primarily to full-time students with children. Named for its park-like setting, with spacious lawn and plentiful shade trees, Solano Park's primary goal is to provide a safe, well-maintained, comfortable facility at a competitive rental rate while creating an environment which compliments the university’s academic mission.
The 15 acre Solano Park complex sits in the southeast corner of the UC Davis campus, next to the Putah Creek arboretum. An assortment of two- and three-story buildings with 108 one-bedroom and 168 two-bedroom apartments are surrounded by lawns, playgrounds and park benches. Apartments are either one- or two-bedroom, unfurnished, undraped units in moderately-sized two- and three-story buildings. One-bedroom units are approximately 450 square feet, two-bedrooms approximately 600 square feet. Every apartment has either a patio or balcony, and features linoleum floors, and full kitchens with a refrigerator, electric stove and oven. The complex features solar-heated hot water.
Solano Park Apartments enjoy a strong international flavor and family-orientated atmosphere. Regular community events include potlucks, children’s crafts and games, and health awareness activities. A resident-produced newsletter is published monthly, chronicling community events while sharing news and updates.
Solano Park is located near campus child care facilities; these NAEYC-accredited facilities are privately owned and operated, and serve children ranging from infancy through kindergarten-aged. Solano Park is close to the main campus library and downtown Davis.
For additional information, refer to the following resources.
- Review the Solano Park Site Map to see how the apartments and landscaping are designed on the property
- Refer to the Application and Cancellation Process to learn how to apply and for information about eligibility, canceling the application process and general lease information
- Fee information, including rates, deadlines, and methods for payment are available on the Solano Park Fees webpage
- Safety, amenities, community standards, maintenance, and Davis school district information are located under Solano Park General Information
- Solano Park's Welcome Guide, a sample Park Lease, the Park Application, payment coupons, and the Park Transfer Request form and sublease information can be found under Publications & Forms