Items that cannot be resused, recycled, composted, collected as eWaste, and are non-hazardous should be placed in the "Landfill" bins, chutes, or dumpsters.
Go Zero Waste
Did you know that much of your daily trash can be diverted from going to the landfill? The campus has a Go Zero Waste initiative to divert virtually all waste from the landfill by 2020. Currently the campus, as a whole, diverts 75% of the waste from going to the landfill. Student Housing provides collection bins for Reusables, Mixed Recyclables, Organic Waste, eWaste, and Hazardous Waste to assist you in diverting your waste.
What you can do to reduce your waste:
- Rethink – Do you really need that item? How are you going to dispose of it?
- Use reusable shopping bags
- Use reusable beverage cups
- Shop in the bulk section at the grocery store to reduce packaging
- Reduce or eliminate the use of disposable items
Questions or comments? Email or call Jenni Porter at 530-752-4265.