Skip directly to: Navigation for this section | Main page content
Graphic: A Residential Education Page

Contract Cancellation Policy

Residence hall and Student Housing Apartments (SHA) residents may contact Student Housing and Dining Services to cancel their contract for the following reasons:

  • Resident graduates
  • Resident transfers to another campus
  • Resident is dismissed from the university
  • Resident is a participant in the Planned Educational Leave Program (PELP) or withdraws from the university
  • Resident is denied admission to UC Davis or resident and/or applicant is admitted to UC Davis but fails to register or cancels registration
  • Resident presents proof of marriage that occurred during the term of the contract

Residents who wish to cancel their contract but will remain enrolled at the university, or for any other reason other than listed above, must submit a Request for Contract Release.

For further information, download and read the full UC Davis Student Housing and Dining Services Contract Cancellation Policy (pdf).