Accessible Housing and Dining

University of California, Davis, ("UC Davis" or the "University") provides reasonable housing accommodations to students with disabilities. To request housing and dining accommodations, please contact the Student Disability Center via My SDC Online, via email at, or by phone at 530-752-3184. You can find additional information about the accommodations process here: Students | Student Disability Center (

To be eligible for a housing or dining accommodation, please note:

  • Students requesting a housing and dining accommodation, or modified arrangement must be eligible for and have applied for university housing, meeting all necessary housing deadlines established by SHDS.
  • Receiving approval for a housing accommodation does not equate to a housing contract; rather, a student must secure a contract through the established housing application process.
  • Requests for a housing accommodation can be made at any time. However, to ensure that the University has an opportunity to provide the requested accommodation for the desired quarter, housing applicants should submit their request as timely as possible. Please review priority request deadlines.

In addition to providing reasonable housing accommodations, Student Housing and Dining Services (SHDS) allows students with non-disability related concerns to make modified arrangement requests. These requests are reviewed by SHDS specialists and modified arrangements granted are at the sole discretion of Student Housing and Dining Services.

Service Animal Information

In order to make sure your transition to campus life goes smoothly, please let us know if you plan on bringing a service animal with you to UC Davis. This is important for the safety of your animal, and the safety of the community. To notify us of your service animal, please submit a Modified Arrangement Request.

Students requesting a Modified Arrangement

Student Housing and Dining Services understands that some students may benefit from additional support with their housing and dining arrangements. Possible reasons for requesting a modified housing and dining arrangement includes but is not limited to:

  • Gender Identity
  • Religious, spiritual, or cultural identity
  • Dietary restrictions or food allergies
  • Age
  • Non-disabling medical need
  • Notice of a Service Animal

To request a modified housing and dining arrangement, please visit the Modified Arrangement Request portal. Requests will be reviewed by SHDS specialists. Decision regarding arrangements is at the sole discretion of Student Housing and Dining Services and will be granted as feasible and as space is available.

This process is not intended for accommodation requests from students with disabilities. Requests for accommodation submitted through the Modified Arrangement Request portal will be cancelled and the student will be referred to the Student Disability Center.