Moving Out of The Green

Move-out instructions vary based upon whether a student is moving out at the end of their contract or during the contract. Information for both scenerios are listed below; refer to the appropriate one.

End of Contract (end of spring quarter)

  • In early May, this page will automatically update with information specific to the end-of contract move-out process.
  • Please check back in early May, or contact Student Housing directly (530-752-2033 or with any questions.

Before End of Contract (during academic year)

  • Students must qualify to be released from their contract; review the Housing Contract Cancellation Policy for instructions
  • Students who are transferring or withdrawing from the university or are participating in the Planned Educational Leave Program (PELP) must move out within one week of completing their paperwork with the Registrar's Office; students must complete their paperwork with the Registrar's Office before they can cancel their contract
  • Students must meet with the Student Housing Contract Representative to cancel their contract and return keys
  • Contact the Student Housing Contract Representative with any questions

Room Vacate Instructions

  • For information regarding how to properly move out, how to avoid late fees and improper move-out fees, and for a copy of the move-out checklist, please review the room vacate instructions