Coronavirus Information

Student Housing and Dining Services wants to help students understand their options so we created and will be updating a webpage with frequently-asked questions for students who live and eat on campus.

Please also read the chancellor's message about transitioning to remote learning during spring quarter and the Student Affairs frequently-asked questions for students to understand more about remote learning and the campus support and services available to you.

Application Process: Student Housing Apartments (SHA)

The application process for Student Housing Apartments (SHA) varies based on if the applicant is an incoming transfer student or a current resident, and whether the application is for fall quarter or for winter or spring quarter. Refer to the appropriate section below for specific application information.

Refer to Cancel an Application for information about canceling an application.

Entering in or Returning for Fall Quarter

Incoming Transfer Students

Transfer students who are admitted for fall quarter will receive a housing contract offer after submitting their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). After submitting their SIR, students may begin the online housing application process. An email invitation will also be sent to students following the submission of their SIR. The deadline to complete the housing contract is included within the application and is usually within 1-2 days of the SIR deadline. The transfer student application process typically is open from mid-April through May.

Current SHA Residents Returning for a Second Year

Current SHA residents will be invited to apply for second-year housing in SHA if housing will be available for the next academic year. Invitations to apply are offered based on availability; Student Housing and Dining Services strives to offer housing for a second year but cannot guarantee it will be offered each year. Invitations are sent to current residents by email typically just before or after winter break but can vary by year. All housing application deadlines will be included with the invitation to apply.

Entering in Winter or Spring Quarter

Incoming Transfer Students

Incoming transfer students who are admitted for winter or spring quarter are eligible to live in Student Housing Apartments, but because contracts extend the entire year (and subsequently the vacancy rate is low), applicants will be offered housing only as space becomes available.

Applicants should contact Student Housing and Dining Services and request to be placed on a waiting list. Additional instructions will be included if a contract is offered.

All Other Students

Any other students who are interested in SHA should contact Student Housing and Dining Services to learn more. SHA spaces will be offered only as space becomes available.